Corporate Wellness is any workplace health promotion activity or organizational policy designed to support healthy behavior in the workplace and to improve health outcomes. Also known as \’workplace wellbeing’ workplace wellness often comprises activities such as health education, medical screenings, weight management programs, on-site fitness programs or facilities, recreation programs, health risk assessment, biometric screenings, stress management, smoking cessation programs, disease management programs and back safety/training programs.
Corporate wellness programs are made to help and encourage a holistic approach to employee wellness by making an organizational culture of health. Empowering a corporate wellness program that extends beyond traditional wellness programs cultivates healthy habits among the employee populations and improves and boosts healthy outcomes, all these meanwhile increasing productivity, optimizing human talent and resource investments, and strengthening employee engagement.
Workplace wellness programs can be categorized as:
- Primary prevention programs usually target a fairly healthy employee population and encourage them to engage more in healthy behaviors (such as exercise and healthy eating).
- Secondary prevention programs are targeted at reducing behavior that is considered a risk factor for poor health (such as smoking cessation programs and screenings for high blood pressure).
- Tertiary health programs address existing health problems (for example, by encouraging employees to better adhere to a specific medication or self-managed care guidelines).
Here are some of the benefits of corporate wellness programs.
- Corporate Wellness Programs Improves Employee Health Behaviour: Corporate wellness programs are excellent at assisting people to adopt and maintain healthy behavior. Healthy behavior makes way to reduce health risks that can lead to chronic disease. Because of less chronic disease employees have fewer health care expenses.
- Corporate Wellness Programs Lowers Elevated Health Risks: When one adopts a healthy pattern of behavior it means you change your diet, look to become active and avoid alcohol or tobacco, good things start to happen. These may look at small changes initially but help in the long run. Reductions in high health risk are essential.
- Reduces Medical Costs: Comprehensive employee wellness programs that improve employee behavior will see a downward shift in the healthcare cost trend. Mostly they will find that the savings from program participation will be far greater than the actual cost spent on the program.
- Decrease In Employee Absenteeism: Corporate wellness programs can reduce employee absenteeism. Employees with good health conditions have lower absenteeism.
- Improves Productivity: Unhealthy employee productivity can be described as physically being at work but not working.
Employees spend the majority of their time in the workplace, and linking the wellness goals with work-life balance is a mission vital to driving overall business outcomes.
The Future of Corporate Wellness Screenings
Technology and virtual programming will play a key role in the future of corporate wellness screening.
- At-home lab tests: At-home lab tests are available for many common blood tests and health screenings that used to require a doctor\’s visit. There are websites where you could order for a lab test want. Once the test is ordered, the individual simply needs to go to the closest lab and give a blood sample. Results are typically available within a couple of days. The results are sent directly to the individual.
- Smartphones: The processing power of today’s smartphones, along with their high-quality cameras and array of ever-improving sensors, makes them well-equipped to take on all kinds of tasks. When it comes to medical care, scientists from all fields are making exciting advances that leverage these capabilities to diagnose different conditions in more expedient ways. It can be used to detect diabetes, gauge female fertility or even spot skin cancers.
- Cloud Service: Support offline testing data collection, unified data upload management platform under network environment; health testing, chronic disease follow-up, data analysis and data upload.
- Medical tricorder: When it comes to gadgets and instant solutions, there is the great dream of every healthcare professional: to have one almighty and omnipotent device, with which you can diagnose and analyze every disease.
Your Employees deserve access to quality wellness check-ups, tests and screenings.
Let’s ensure your employees are healthy so they can stay productive. At healthtracka, we offer consumer-ordered diagnostics tests and easy to read results allowing you to track your health insights from the comfort of your home. You now have direct access to request your lab tests and track your results, all from your mobile devices.