What are STDs Tests?
STDs are sexually transmitted diseases. Many health experts prefer the term sexually transmitted infections (STIs) because you can have an infection without disease symptoms. STIs are mostly contracted by having unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex with an infected person. You can, for instance, get hepatitis B by sharing personal items, such as toothbrushes or razors, with someone who has it.
Anyone who is having sex or has had sex in the past should get tested, It is recommended that you get screened for STDs annually if:
- You’re a sexually active woman under age 25
- You’re a woman older than 25 and at risk of STIs- such as having sex with a new partner or multiple partners
- You’re a man who has sex with men
- You have HIV
- You’ve been forced to have intercourse or engage in sexual activity against your will.
Why do I need to get tested for STDs?
● Most of the time, STDs have no symptoms. Testing is the only way to know if you are infected.
● Getting tested will help you detect the disease early for treatment. STDs can cause serious and deadly illnesses if not treated early.
What STD tests are covered in the package?
● HIV: HIV makes a person exposed to some certain disease, and also has a higher risk of contracting other STDs. When HIV is left untreated, it worsens the complications and may lead to life-threatening issues.
● Hepatitis B Screening: Hepatitis B can cause a lifetime infection and result in liver damage. The virus stays in the blood, semen, breastmilk, and other body fluids of an infected person.
● Gonorrhea: Anyone who is sexually active can contract gonorrhea. This can cause severe health complications when left untreated but can be cured with the right medication.
● Syphilis: This is a silent killer infection, and early medication is vital to prevent last longing damage and long-term complications.
● Chlamydia: Chlamydia is a common STDs that can be easily cured. If left untreated, it can lead to infertility in women.
We have come up with some STDs test packages for you to test if you are a carrier of STDs.
● Basic Plan: The basic plan test gives you a yes/no answer. This plan contains 4 wellness tests namely, Gonorrhea Antibody, Syphilis Screening, HIV Radis, and Hepatitis B Screening. This package cost N15,000.
● Standard Plan: The standard wellness test offers you a more sensitive test panel that tests for STDs and provides qualitative information on the infection. This plan contains 5 wellness tests namely, Gonorrhea Antibody, Chlamydia, HIV I&II + P24 Antigen (PCR), Full Syphilis Screening, and Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Elisa. This package cost N35,000.
Can I afford this test?
The health checkup tests are affordable and designed with you in mind. You can book the test from as little as N15,000 only and you get a FREE Home Sample Collection.
Where can I get tested?
To get tested in the comfort of your home, book your STD test and schedule a sample collection appointment. Getting tested is quick and easy, you will be asked for a blood sample, a swab, or ask to pee in a cup. It is fast, convenient, and affordable.
What is the testing process like?
● Order for your test: Order for your pre-wedding test preferable package, select and pay for the package.
● Get your samples taken: Choose to have our medical team come in for home sample collection.
● Receive your results online: Your digital results will be sent to you by email 24-48hrs after the sample gets to the lab. You can view or download the results to share with your doctor.
The benefit of Healthtracka’s home testing is that you\’re able to collect the sample in the privacy of your home without the need for a hospital or lab visit.
What if any of my tests come out positive?
You are in good hands when you book your test with Healthtracka. In the case of a positive result, you can review your results with any of our doctors who will take you through what your next steps should be. Also, inform your sex partners. Your partners need to be treated, because you may have passed some infections back and forth.
‘Our vision at Healthtracka is to empower every Nigerian to take control of their health, prevent diseases and effectively manage existing medical conditions with the help of at-home health testing’.